Evacuation Centres

14 November 2019


Evacuation Centres OPEN

Mid – Coast

- Bulahdelah Bowling Club – 50 Jackson St, Bulahdelah NSW

Bellingen LGA

- Dorrigo Sports Centre – Cedar St, Dorrigo

Kempsey LGA
- Kempsey Showground – 19 Sea St, Kempsey W NSW 2440

Coffs Harbour LGA

-  Urunga Ex Servicemans Club – 2 Morgo St, Urunga

-  Woolgoolga Ex Servicemans Club – 17 Beach St, Woolgoolga

Clarence Valley LGA

- Grafton Community Centre - 59 Duke St Grafton NSW 2460

Lismore LGA
- Nimbin Showground - 33-37 Cecil St, Nimbin NSW 2480
- Southern Cross University - Military Rd, East Lismore 

Bryon Shire LGA

- Cavanbah Centre Byron Bay - 249 Ewingsdale Rd, Byron Bay NSW 2481

Tweed Shire LGA

- Uki Community Hall - 1462 Kyogle Rd NSW 2484

Glen Innes
- Glen Innes Showground (open 08:00am to 08:00pm)- Bourke St & Hunter Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370


General advice

  • Please avoid areas where bushfires are occurring. Stay off the road; don’t travel unless you need to.
  • Report unattended fires or suspicious activity immediately to Triple Zero (000) and follow the advice of authorities.
  • Residents need to read all warnings in full to ensure they stay up-to-date with the latest information - this includes evacuation routes and evacuation centres.
  • Areas closed off due to the bushfire emergency will reopen when it is safe to do so.
  • Bushfires can topple trees and power lines and leave debris strewn across the landscape, posing a significant health and safety risk.
  • People returning home need to be mindful of hazards even after a bushfire has been extinguished.

Mental health

It’s completely normal to experience a range of emotions after a fire, including anxiety, forgetfulness, sleep disturbance and more.

Having someone to listen to and support you through this is very important.

Check in on your friends and neighbours, and if you or someone you know needs help, reach out.

The following are free services available 24 hours a day, seven days a week:

  •  Mental Health Line – 1800 011 511
  •     Lifeline - 13 11 14
  •  Mensline - 1300 789 978
  •  Kids Helpline - 1800 55 1800
  •  Beyondblue - 1300 22 4636

If you or someone you know is in immediate danger call 000.


Are you insured?

If you are insured talk to your insurance company as soon as possible about how to make a claim.

Take photos or video of damage to your property and possessions as evidence for your claim.

If you have clearance from your insurer and evidence for your claim, you can start cleaning up.

The Insurance Council of Australia can be contacted with any questions, complaints or concerns about insurance on
1800 734 621.


If you are not insured and have limited income, you may be eligible for a disaster relief grant. Contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444