Current Flood Warnings and Alerts issued by the Bureau of Meteorology in the column at the right of screen
If you are in an area at risk of flood you should monitor these warnings and alerts regularly.
When a flood warning has been issued
When you know or suspect that a flood warning has been issued, do the following:
- Listen to your local radio station for updates.
- Check that your neighbours have heard the warnings.
- Prepare yourself and your property.
You may need to do the following:
- Move garbage containers, chemicals and poisons beyond the reach
of the water.
- Secure objects that might float away and cause damage.
- Move stock and equipment to high ground.
- Stack your furniture and other possessions beyond the reach of
the water. Place electrical goods on top.
- Check your car and keep it full of fuel.