Flooding and Severe Weather - Recovery
Graftion Recovery Centre - 106 Prince Street, Grafton. Tel - 02 6642 4854
Opening 8.00am - 6.00pm from Monday 4 February 2013
For those requiring assistance, representatives of key welfare, primary producer and business services will be on hand, or via referral from the site, to give help, advice and information to affected residents and business people.
More information on the Recovery Centre
A range of assistance measures will be available to those affected by the floods and severe weather currently affecting the east coast of NSW, including grants for eligible individuals and families whose homes and essential household items have been destroyed or damaged.
- Financial Assistance after an emergency
- Office of State Revenue assistance, including Stamp Duty Relief for replacing motor vehicles
- State Debt Recovery Office assistance, including deferring outstanding fines
More information on Disaster Assistance | Current Natural Disaster Declarations
If you have been evacuated, you should not return home until an All Clear has been issued.
While emergency services will have been working to make the area safe, there may still be some hazards in the area so be alert.
When you return home you may need information on
- Support Services and Disaster Assistance
- Personal Safety & Counselling Services
- Household Safety & Clean Up
- Replacing Personal Documents
NSW State Emergency Service - 132 500 - For general help in a flood or storm, call the SES on 132 500.
More information on Emergency contacts
Stay informed and Flood warnings
Stay informed with what is going on in your area. Listen to local radio and monitor information from the NSW State Emergency Service and this website.
NSW State Emergency Service | 132 500 | www.ses.nsw.gov.au | Twitter - @NSWSES | Facebook - facebook.com/NSW.SES
Flood and Storm Warnings & Alerts - Issued by the Bureau of Meteorology - Flood and storm warnings
- Disaster Welfare Assistance Line -
1800 018 444
- Financial assistance after an emergency
- Natural Disaster Declarations